Internet Explorer is not fully supported on our site. Please try Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge for the best experience.
Home Water Testing
A home water test kit helps you determine the level of microscopic bacteria and other contaminants in your drinking water, even if it appears clear.
Want to learn more?
A home water test kit, water test strips, or a water metering system helps you test your drinking water for contaminants like arsenic, bacteria, nitrates, nitrites, or iron. Our water experts recommend testing home water at least once a year for municipal water users, twice a year for well water users, and four times a year for those with low immunities (HIV or chemotherapy patients). Even clean, great-tasting water may contain undetected contaminants. Harmful chemicals or bacteria in water cause diarrhea, cramps, nausea, headache, serious illness, and other health related issues.
Frequently asked questions: What do home water test kits test for? What are the different options for home water testing? How do water test strips work?
Visit our blog for more FAQs about home water test kits and answers to these questions.
Types of Home Water Testing
- • Arsenic Test Kits: Arsenic is an element that occurs naturally in the earth's crust and can be found in public and private water supplies.
- • Bacteria, Nitrate, & Nitrite Test Kits: Bacteria, Nitrate, Nitrite test kits that are laboratory certified to accurately detect the presence of coliform bacteria, including E. coli.
- • Photometer Systems: Photometers offer faster, safer, easier, and precise water testing, and have direct read capabilities for multiple parameters.
- • Total Hardness Test Kits: A simple and economical titration method to measure hardness in your water.
- • Water Test Strips: Quick and accurate test strips that measure for free chlorine, total and iron hardness, lead, nitrate, pH, pesticide, alkalinity, and copper.