PEX Tubing Specifications
- Max Working Pressure: 160psi @ 73.4°F, 100psi @ 180°F, 80psi @ 200°F
- Meets ASTM F-876 and F-877 to SDR-9 dimensional standards
- NSF listed to Standard 14 and 61 and compliant to Uniform Plumbing Code
- Labeled B137.5 (compliant to CSA Standards B137.5)
Advantages of PEX Tubing
- PEX Tubing is suitable for use with hot or cold water.
- PEX Tubing can be used with steel, copper, PVC, and CPVC Plumbing pipe.
- PEX is the most flexible plumbing pipe available. PEX flexibility allows it to expand and contract more than other types of piping which makes PEX more burst-resistant.
What is PEX Tubing?
WaterPEX® Tubing is a silane cross-linked polyethylene material (B PEX) ideally suited for potable water applications. WaterPEX® is manufactured without an oxygen barrier and may be used in radiant heat applications where there are no ferrous (metal/iron) components.
WaterPEX® Tubing is also known as Sea Tech Pex Tubing and Aquapex® Tubing and is available in multiple colors for ease of water line identification. PEX is included in all of the major model plumbing codes used in the United States and Canada, CSA, IAPMO, SBCCI, BOCA, ICBO, IPC and NSPC, and approved by HUD for hot and cold potable water plumbing use.
How To Install PEX Pipe
PEX tubing installation and service is super easy. The tubing is flexible, so it can bend around most corners without a fitting or coupling. For example, 3/8" pipe may be bent to a 4" radius and 1/2" pipe to a 5" radius.
PEX Pipe Temperature Information
PEX's strength at temperatures ranging from below freezing up to 180 degrees Fahrenheit makes it an ideal piping material for hot and cold water plumbing systems, hydronic radiant heating systems, snow melting applications, and, even ice rinks and refrigeration warehouses. PEX is also highly resistant to chemicals found in the plumbing environment. WaterPEX® Technical Specifications - PEX Pipe Tubing PDFNote:
PEX is designed for indoor and buried applications only. PEX Tubing should not be exposed to direct sunlight for any extended period of time.