Packaged ice can become contaminated with heterotrophs, coliforms, and E.Coli a recent study by the University of Georgia shows. Solution for commercial ice machines is the Ice Wand ice water filter.
Have you ever thought that bagged ice you buy at a convince store could be contaminated with heterotrophs, coliforms, and E.Coli? Most of us believe the freezing temperatures would prevent any bacteria and or sanitation issues from find its way into ice cubes. In a recent study by the University of Georgia found stores, fast food restaurants, gas stations, and self-serve vending machines. If you make and bag your own ice or if you own ice vending machines, your customers are at an increased risk of being exposed to contaminated or tainted ice and you may be liable for damages and/or recall expense.
Following a regular commercial ice machine cleaning schedule will prevent the build-up of bacterial and bio-film that causes ice to become contaminated but it can be very costly. A solution to keeping your ice machine clean, preventing ice from becoming contaminated, and reducing your yearly ice product cost is the Ice Wand. The Ice wand is a commercial ice machine water filter that can reduce, or even eliminate, machine cleanings reduce your operating cost all the while protecting the quality of ice being produced.
Ice Wand Ice Machine Water Filter Features
- Dramatically reduced cleaning and maintenance requirements and costs
- Improved overall beverage and ice quality
- Reduces taste and odor concerns
- Extends life of commercial ice cube machine
- Compatible with almost all commercial ice cube machines including
- Long shelf life
- No chlorine additives, carcinogenic chemicals, or toxic by-products
- Safe to handle; easy installation after a thorough cleaning
- Oxidation resistant – safe for ice machine parts
- Made in the USA
Ice Contamination Infographic