Pentek 155254-43 SGAC-10 Silver-Impregnated GAC Filter
The Pentair® Pentek® SGAC Cartridge contains silver-impregnated carbon treated to inhibit biofilm and microbial build-up in the filter that can decrease product life. It is designed to effectively reduce chlorine and unpleasant tastes and odors from potable drinking supplies. The construction of the SGAC cartridge directs the water flow through the bottom, and forces it upward through the 20-micron post filter at the top, which helps remove carbon fines and other suspended particles from the filtered water. This method ensures that the water has maximum contact time with the carbon for greater effectiveness. The post-filter is permanently fastened to an innovative support basket, ensuring that it is firmly secured, and eliminates any potential for bypass.
- Fits most 10" housings
- Dimensions: 2-7/8" x 9-3/4"
- Temperature Rating: 40-130°F
- Initial ∆P @ Flow Rate: 9.0 psi @ 2.5 gpm
- Chlorine Taste & Odor Reduction @ Flow Rate: >1,500 gallons @ 1 gpm
- Filter Media: Bacteriostatic (silver impregnated) granular activated carbon
- End Caps: Polystyrene
- Post Filter: Spun Polypyopylene
- Outer Casing: Polystyrene
- Expansion Pad: Polyester
- Gasket: Buna-N (top), Santoprene (bottom)