Fresh Water Systems offers Swift Green Filters as a safe and environment-friendly alternative to traditional carbon filters. Swift Green Filters has made a commitment to produce water filtration products that offer customers a healthy and environmentally-friendly alternative to carbon filters. Swift Green is committed to providing products that provide cleaner water for a better planet and economy.
What Makes Swift Green Filters Eco-Friendly?
For many years, conventional water filters have used carbon as a filter media. Carbon works well, but its usual manufacturing process pollutes the environment. Wood, coal, or peat that changes to carbon is charred in an open pit. Compare conventional and eco-friendly manufacturing processes below:
Conventional Carbon-Based Refrigerator Water Filters
- Non-renewable bituminous coal is mined from underground sources that are depleting.
- Coal is carbonized through open pit charring. This process creates methane, CO2, and other gases that are released into the atmosphere.
- The carbon is mixed with 18% thermoplastic binders.
- The carbon is then extruded in different forms based on its application.
- The carbon block is placed inside of a plastic water filter housing, which is then sealed.
Swift Green's Eco-Friendly Coconut Active Carbon Refrigerator Water Filters
Because natural resources are limited and depleting, Swift Green has implemented a new step-by-step eco-friendly approach to the carbon manufacturing process.
- Coconuts, a renewable resource, are harvested from trees.
- Coconuts are then taken to a plant and charred in an oven. As a by-product of this process, methane and VOC gases are captured and converted into thermal energy. As a result, no polluting chemicals are released into the air.
- The coconut shell carbon is mixed with only 8% thermoplastic binders.
- The charred coconut carbon shells and binders are heated at 1,652 degrees and rotated in a rotary kiln, producing active carbon.
- The active carbon is placed and sealed inside Swift Green BPA-free plastic water filter housing.
OEM vs. Swift Filter -- The Proof is Inside
We cut the Swift Green filter and the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) filter apart to show you how Swift Green Filters meet or exceed the OEM specifications.
1. Swift Green Filters use the same filter head design as the OEM replacement filter, which guarantees a perfect fit in your existing refrigerator.
2. The Swift Green carbon block is larger than the OEM’s. Swift Green only uses 8% plastic binders, compared to 18% by other manufacturers, which contributes to the difference in color. Using fewer binders in addition to 100% coconut shell carbon allows for maximum contaminate adsorption.
3. The Swift Green replacement filter housing body has the same dimensions as the OEM filter, fitting any style refrigerator.
More Benefits of Swift Green Filters
- The only aftermarket filter to use contaminant/BPA-free plastics
- Filter housings tested to withstand 3 times the average home pressure
- The only refrigerator filter to use 100% pure coconut carbon
- Coconut carbon has 50% more micro-pores than any other carbon, giving it the unique ability to capture and hold contaminants while polishing the taste of water
- The only aftermarket filters to receive the Water Quality Association's (WGA) prestigious Gold Seal approval
Swift Green Filters Recycle Program
From beginning to end, Swift Green is the only water filter manufacturer that is considerate of the environment every step of the way. To recycle your filter, mail to:
Swift Green Filter Recycling, 150-11938 Bridgeport Rd, Richmond, BC.V6X 1T2 Canada