Nearly all households today have a refrigerator, and a good portion of those refrigerators have built-in water and ice filtering systems. Think about how many times a day you fill your glass with ice or water from your fridge.
Swift Green Filters has made a commitment to produce water filtration products that offer customers a healthy and environmentally-friendly alternative to other carbon filters. Swift Green is committed to providing products that provide better water for a better planet...and a better economy. Fresh Water Systems offers Swift Green Filters as a safe and environmentally-friendly alternative to traditional carbon filters.
|Get Your Replacement Swift Green Filter Now |
What Makes Swift Green Filters Eco-Friendly?
For many years, conventional water filters have used carbon as a filter media. Carbon does a great job at filtering. But the usual manufacturing process for carbon is a source of pollution because the wood, coal, or peat that becomes the carbon is charred in an open pit. Compare the two different manufacturing processes below:
Conventional Carbon-Based Refrigerator Water Filters
1. Mine the bituminous coal from underground sources that are not renewable and are depleting.
2. Open pit charring used to carbonize the coal. This process creates methane, CO2, and other gases that are released into the atmosphere.
3. The carbon is mixed with 18% thermoplastic binders.
4. The carbon is then extruded in different forms based on its application.
5. The carbon block is placed inside of a plastic water filter housing, which is then sealed.
|Swift Green's Eco-Friendly Coconut Active Carbon Refrigerator Water Filters|
Because natural resources are limited and are being depleted, Swift Green has implemented a new step-by-step eco-friendly approach to the carbon manufacturing process.
1. Coconuts, which are a renewable resource, are harvested from trees.
2. Coconuts are then taken to a plant where they are charred in an oven. As a by-product of this process, methane and VOC gases are captured and converted into thermal energy. As a result, no polluting chemicals are released into the air.
3. The coconut shell carbon is then mixed with only 8% thermoplastic binders.
4. The charred coconut carbon shells and binders are heated at 1652 degrees and rotated in a rotary kiln, producing active carbon.
5. The active carbon is placed and sealed inside Swift Green's BPA-free plastic water filter housing.
OEM vs. Swift Filter -- The Proof is Inside
We cut the Swift Green filter and the OEM filter apart to show you how Swift Green Filters meet or exceed the OEMís specifications.
1. Swift Green Filters use the same exact filter head design as the OEM replacement filter. This guarantees a perfect fit in your existing refrigerator.
2. The Swift Green carbon block is larger than the OEM. There is a noticeable color difference because Swift Green only uses 8% plastic binders, compared to 18% by other manufacturers. Using fewer binders, coupled with 100% coconut shell carbon, allows for maximum contaminate adsorption.
3. The Swift replacement filter housing body has the same exact dimensions as the OEM filter, ensuring perfect fit into any style refrigerator.
More Benefits of Swift Green Filters:
- The only aftermarket filter to use contaminant / BPA-free plastics
- Filter housings are tested to withstand 3 times the average home pressure
- The only refrigerator filter in the world to use 100% pure coconut carbon
- Coconut carbon has 50% more micro-pores than any other carbon, giving it the unique ability to capture and hold contaminants. Coconut carbon polishes the taste of water, giving it a super-clean taste
- The only aftermarket filters to receive the Water Quality Association's (WGA) prestigious Gold Seal approval
Comparison Between GE MWF and Swift Green SGF-G9 Refrigerator Filter
|Cost & Performance ||Contaminants & Benefits|
|Filter: $20.63||Chlorine |
|Certification: WQA||Bad Taste & Odors |
|Per Gallon: $.06||Sediment |
|Capacity: 300 gallons||Eco-Friendly |
|Cost & Performance||Contaminants & Benefits|
|Filter: $30.92||Chlorine |
|Certification: NSF||Bad Taste & Odors |
|Per Gallon: $.10||Sediment |
|Capacity: 300 gallons||Eco-Friendly: |