Doulton W9121200 SuperSterasyl 7" Ceramic Filter Candle w/Long Mount
The Doulton W9121200
SuperSterasyl is a three stage cartridge combining the highly efficient properties of ceramic with the enhanced water treatment properties of activated carbon. First Stage:
The first stage consists of Doulton SuperSterasyl ceramic which is manufactured to provide genuine sub micron filtration. The cartridge reduces fine particulate matter, bacteria, cysts and turbidity. Second Stage:
The incorporation of silver locked within the ceramic structure inhibits the growth of bacteria and gives enhanced bacteriostatic and self sterilizing properties. Third Stage:
Packed with granular activated carbon which removes chlorine, VOCs and industrial solvents.
- Designed to reduce suspended solids, pathogenic bacteria, organic chemicals, and improve taste and odor.
- Balanced shell composition and manufacture to control the maximum pore size, flow rate, element hardness and eliminate the need for sterilization after cleaning.
- Reduces organic chemicals and improve the color, taste, and odor of drinking water.
- Suitable for gravity and low pressure systems; not recommended for high pressure (high flow rate) systems.
Doulton SuperSterasyl W9121200 Candle Features:
- Recommended flow rate: < 1/3 gal/min3
- Ideal for RO guard and post filtration
- Complimentary to UV systems
- Self sterilizing
- High levels of chlorine, VOCs and industrial solvents
- >95% of free chlorine under gravity
- >50% of free chlorine under pressure
- Filtration efficiency of > 99.99% at 0.5 - 0.8 microns and 0.9 microns
- Highly efficient bacteriological filtration
- Tested with live cryptosporidium to a removal of 100%
- Tested with live bacteria to a removal of > 99.99%
- Long mount 1-1/4" length
- 1/4" BSPT Thread
The bore of the SuperSterasyl candle contains granular activated carbon to reduce organic chemicals and improve the color, taste, and odor of drinking water. The element is suitable for gravity and low pressure systems; it is not recommended for high pressure (high flow rate) systems. Pressurized systems should utilize ceramic candles with a carbon block like the Ultracarb. Doulton W9121200 SuperSterasyl Ceramic Filter Candle Specifications Doulton Candle Comparison Chart