DX-1 Handheld Radiation Monitor and Personal Geiger Counter (0-10 mR/hr)
The DX-1 instantly indicates levels of beta, gamma, and X-ray radiation by audible clicks from an internal speaker and by the compressed-scale meter. At higher radiation levels the speaker beeps, indicating elevated radiation levels. The beeping will begin above 10 mR/hr, intervals between beeps decreasing in relation to field strength, becoming a continuous alerting tone above 20 mR/hr. A single push-button activates the DX-1 geiger counter only when needed, conserving battery power.
- LED indicator for battery condition updates
- The easy-to-use Pocket Geiger Counter Radiation Detector provides you with quick and accurate measurements of radioactivity
- Handheld radiation detection device is ideal for Homeland Security, detecting environmental and industrial contamination, education, and rock and mineral enthusiasts
DX-1 Operation ManualPortable Radiation & Dosimeter Comparison Chart
- Range: 0-10 mR/hr (0-100 μSv/hr)
- Temperature: 14 - 104°F
- Dimensions: 6-5/8" X 3-1/4" X 1-3/8"
- Display: Dual scale, Logarithmic, Analog Meter
- NOT waterproof
- Indicators: Red LED "ON" w/ audible clicks
- Battery type / life: one 9V / approx. 30 hrs at norm background levels
- Weight: 8.5 oz w/ battery
Radiation meters are a special purchase item to address the needs of our customers and are non-refundable, with the exception of products that are not functioning due to manufacturer defects. Replacement for defective items must have troubleshooting performed by our technical department prior to RGA approval.