Arsenic Quick Check, 2 Tests
Arsenic Quick™ for water quality testing was designed to give the user accurate results without sacrificing cost and time. Designed using cutting-edge chemistry, Arsenic Quick™ reports results in only 12 minutes. Additionally, there are no dangerous chemicals needed to run this kit to test water quality. With only one simple test procedure (using 3 reagents), Arsenic Quick is a must for any lab testing water quality, water testing professional, or service technician who values accurate, rapid results without sacrificing cost. Quick Arsenic tests were developed with considerations for safety, sensitivity, ease-of-use and speed.
- Results in only 12 minutes
- Reagents are clearly labeled and color-coded
- A colorimetric test strip is used to take the guesswork out of accurate arsenic measurement
- Includes an easy-read color chart, which makes matching simple
- All reagents are in powder form and have been carefully selected to minimize the hazards associated with conventional arsenic testing
- All components needed to accurately detect and measure arsenic are included in a portable ready-to-use kit
Here's How It Works:
First, your water sample is mixed in the supplied reaction vessel with reagent #1 (tartaric acid with rate enhancers). This will acidify your water sample. Reagent #2, an oxidizer, is then added to remove hydrogen sulfide interference. Finally, the addition of zinc powder, reagent #3, inorganic arsenic compounds (As+3 and As+5) are reduced to arsine gas. A test strip is used to measure the arsine gas concentration in the water sample.
As arsine gas is generated and comes in contact with the test strip, the Mercuric bromide indicator on the test strip changes in color from white to shades of yellow or brown. Once the reaction is completed, the test strip is removed and matched to a calibrated color chart to obtain a quantitative measure of arsenic in the tested sample. The included test procedure is designed to detect inorganic arsenic As+3 and As+5.