Coconut Shell High Activated Carbon – 3 lb bag
Coconut Shell High Activated Carbon, also known as AC-CSHAC, is designed for reducing chlorine, dissolved organic chemicals, bad taste and odor. This high-density coconut shell carbon is capable of handling abrasions that are associated with consistent mechanical handling and backwashing. Proper calibration of activation produces high internal surface area with ideal adsorption from small organic contaminants or oxidizing agents like chlorine. AC-CSHAC is ideal to remove bad tastes and odors.
The larger the surface area the better when it comes to maximizing efficiency in this media. AC-CSHAC (3lb bag) features a surface area of 1,050 square meters per gram. It is important to periodically backwash the media to discard suspended matter and re-grade the filter bed. If you notice over time that you are losing the fresh taste that you have come accustom to, it is time to replace your media.
- Low ash content
- Balances pH levels
- Mesh Size: 20 x 50
- High absorption with strong pore structure
- Will polish water to improve taste of drinking water
- Media: Coconut-based Activated Carbon
- Large surface area coverage creates high efficiency and high capacity usage
- Reduction: Suspended matter, dissolved organic chemicals, chlorine taste & odor
This media is available in 3 pound bags making it ideal for refillable carbon cartridges and other carbon media applications. This is not only a cost saver, but it helps the environment by not discarding plastic.
|Cups of AC-CSHAC |
(3lbs. = Approximately 6 cups)
|REC-2510C||10" x 2-1/2"|| 4 Cups|
|REC-2520W||20" x 2-1/2"|| 8 Cups|
|REC-4510W||10" x 4-1/2"|| 9 Cups|
|REC-4520W||20" x 4-1/2"||18 Cups|
Coconut Shell High Activated Carbon – Additional Information
- Coconut-based carbon contains a lower inorganic ash content and more microspores for increased surface area and porosity. This significantly increases its capacity to absorb small molecules such as VOC’s.
- Being microporous in internal structure, coconut shell carbon is well suited for organic chemical adsorption, including volatile organic chemicals while having higher chlorine reduction capabilities.
- Many organic compounds, such as chlorinated and non-chlorinated solvents, triholmethanes, pesticides and VOC are adsorbed into the inner pores; coconut carbon is also effective for the removals of chlorine and moderately effective for removal of some heavy metals.