HM Digital TDS-4TM Handheld TDS/Temp Meter
- Includes an internal digital thermometer
- Hold function -- saves measurements for convenient reading and recording
- Auto-off function -- automatically shuts off meter after 10 minutes of non-use to conserve batteries
- Display -- large and easy-to-read LCD screen
- Factory calibrated -- recalibration is not necessary, but can be done easily with a watch screwdriver
This water quality tester enables you to determine just how good or bad your water really is! This tester accurately measures the TDS level in your water. Ideal for all water purification applications, wastewater regulation, aquaculture, hydroponics, and colloidal silver. Perfect for both consumer or commercial use.
Easy to Follow Instructions!
Using a clean cup or glass, take a sample of your raw feed water. Remove the protective cap from the Tester. Push the "ON" button to activate LCD display. Submerse the tester's probes into the water sample and observe for approx. 10 seconds. Record the results. Repeat the same procedure with a sample of your reverse osmosis (RO) water. If the system is new or the membrane has been replaced, do not test the first tank of RO water. The first tank of product water will contain sanitizer and possibly carbon fines from your new filters. This will cause false reading. Use either of the following formulas to calculate the percentage of solids (TDS) that your membrane is removing:
Example:Tap TDS = 260 ppm
RO TDS = 20 ppm
Rejection = [(260 - 20) / 260] x 100
= [240/260] x 100
≈(.923) x 100
HM Digital TDS-4TM Calibration and MaintenanceHM Digital TDS-4TM Three Year WarrantyHM Digital TDS-4TM General Usage Calibration Instructions