Omnipure K2533-BB/K2540-BB Inline GAC 10" x 2" Postfilter 1/4 FPT
Customers have come to rely upon this simple but dependable inline filter for a variety of uses including ice machines, water coolers, drinking fountains, as well as under-the-sink applications and as components in reverse osmosis systems. You will find this filter in virtually any situation where better tasting water is important.
- Coconut Shell Granular Activated Carbon
- Chlorine, Taste & odor reduction
- Specifically designed for RO or distillation units
- Inline water filter for residential ice-makers, refrigerators and low volume single pot coffee brewers with flow rates up to 0.75 gpm. Contains coconut shell GAC for enhanced chlorine taste and odor reduction.
- Omnipure K2540-BB and CL10ROT40-B filters are identical
NOTE: Prior to California’s Prop 65, Bituminous Coal was the primary source of Activated Carbon used for drinking water. Due to the concerns of coal-based Activated Carbon leaching arsenic and the restrictions of Prop 65, the Industry switched to Coconut Shell as the new source for Activated Carbon.
Coconut shell is the preferred choice considering it’s a renewable source and 90% +/- surface area exists as micro-pores. Because micro-pores match the size of contaminant molecules in drinking water, they are highly effective in trapping contaminants.
The "33" in the part number originally denoted Bituminous Coal whereas the "40" denoted Coconut Shell Activated Carbon. Now that Coconut Shell is used for all filters, the “33” and “40” no longer represent the type of Activated Carbon. Omnipure K2540-BB Inline Coconut Shell Carbon GAC - 10 x 2 ¼ FPT Filter Specifications