Part Number: MWFP
The MWFP Filter is a direct OEM replacement for your GE SmartWater refrigerator water filtration system. It is recommended to replace your GE Smartwater MWFP replacement filter every 6 months to ensure its ability to reduce water contaminates and maintain proper water flow rate.
Made in the USA The GE MWFP Filter and all its parts have been proudly manufactured in the United States.
NSF Certified This replacement filter is certified to NSF Standards 42 & 53 for all reduction claims.
Contaminant Reducer The GE SmartWater MWFP Replacement Refrigerator reduces sediment and contaminants found in water.
Contaminant Reduction. The GE SmartWater MWFP Replacement Refrigerator Filter reduces lead, cyst, turbidity, mercury, toxaphene, pdichlorobenzene, carbofuran, alachlor, benzene, sediment, chlorine taste and odor.
Direct Replacement Filter. The GE SmartWater MWFP Replacement Refrigerator Filter is a direct replacement for GE filter part numbers GWF, GWFA, GWF01, GWF06, and MWFA.
Replacing Your MWFP Replacement Filter
If your fridge is equipped with a water filter change light you should replace the current filter light turns red. If your refrigerator doesn't have a change indicator light, change at least every six months.
How To Install & Replace Your GE MWF Water Filter
- Locate the GE MWFP water filter cartridge. It is generally located inside at the right top corner of your refrigerator.
- Remove the old filter cartridge by grabbing the filter housing and turning to the left about 1/2 turn.
- Remove the new MWFP filter from the box and fill it with tap water from your faucet. Taking this step allows for better water flow through the filter right after its installation.
- Place the top of the new cartridge inside the cartridge housing/holder from where you just removed the old filter.
- Slowly turn the filter clockwise until it stops. The cartridge will move about 1/2 turn and will automatically raise itself into position. Do not over tighten as you could damage the filter or the filter housing.
- Run water through the system from the water dispenser. Do this for about 2-3 minutes or about 1 ½ gallons of water. This step will flush out any carbon particles and remove any air caught in the lines that will prevent water from sputtering.
- To reset the filter change light, if your refrigerator has one, press and hold reset water filter button for 5-7 seconds.
The GE SmartWater MWF replacement refrigerator water filter is compatible with GE and Hotpoint Refrigerators Systems and replaces the models listed below. Some models will require an adapter, for those we recommended The Swift Green SGF-G11 Fridge Filter.
GE SmartWater Water Filters for Refrigerators • No Adapter Required GWF, GWFA, GWF01, GWF06, MWFA, MWF, MWFINT, MWFP
Culligan Water Filters for Refrigerators • Adapter Required XRC, FXRT, FXRC, MXRC, HXRT, WR97X10006
Sears / Kenmore Refrigerator Water Filters • No Adapter Required 46-9991, 469991, 9991, 46-9996, 469996, 9996
• Adapter Required 469905, 46-9905, 9905, 9905P, 04609905000
Hotpoint Water Filters • No Adapter Required HWF, HWFA