Rusco Spin Down Filter
Rusco’s spin down and sediment filters make removing solid particles from water simple and economical.These water filters provide a high flow capacity, are easily flushed, provide tool-free access for cleaning, and are equipped with a reusable filter screen and flush valve.
How a spin down filter works
Both the Rusco spin down filter and the Rusco sediment trap utilize centrifugal force to separate the sediment from the water.
- The spin down filter houses the screen inside a clear cover.
- During operation, the water and sediment swirl around the inside of the cover at high speed. The heavier contaminants spin out to the wall of the cover and drop down out of the water current.
- The water flows through the screen and out to the discharge of the filter body. The screen will stop any lightweight particles suspended in the water.
- Accumulated matter in the cover or on the screen can be flushed away by opening the flush valve while the unit is in operation.
The sediment trapper is a specialized version of the spin down sediment filter designed to allow debris to settle in the bottom of the clear cover, "trapping" sediment away from the screen. The valve at the bottom allows for the easy manual discharge of the sediment. During the operation of the filter, the sediment accumulation can easily be seen through the clear housing.
This unique and remarkable filtration technology is designed to remove virtually all types of sediment, including shale, shell, debris, pipe scale, and sand/grit (course, fine, and very fine). There are several mesh sizes available to suit any application.
Note: The new 1-1/2” and 2” Rusco spin down models make it easy to convert the standard spin-down filter to a sediment trapper by simply replacing the element screens.
Rusco Sediment Trap and Hot Water Spin Down Filter
The Rusco hot water sediment filters can operate with high temperature water up to 200ºF because of the glass-filled polypropylene head. The filter screens are also made of stainless steel and a chemical and heat resistant filter cover. These water filters use centrifugal separation technology to filter particles, which are clearly visible through the clear filter cover, from the water. The stainless steel screens can also be easily cleaned and reused over and over again.
Rusco as a Hot Water Heater Filter
If you hear your hot water heater making noises, sediment may be building up in the tank. Sediment build up can be a result of corrosion, heating element failure, or large amount of sediment in your water supply. By using a Rusco high temperature sediment filter, you can help eliminate your sediment problem and prolong the life of your hot water heater.
Rusco Hot Water Filter Applications
- Capturing scale flakes from water heaters
- Hydronic heating systems
- Industrial heat exchangers
- Cooling tower make up and evaporator water
- Domestic or commercial hot water heater filter
- Industrial (machine coolant and cutting fluids)
- Capturing and filtering scale after water heater